Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Summer of Yarn Love" swap

Amy, the fabulous hostess of the "Longing For Spring" swap has started a new one.... the "Summer of Yarn Love." I'm hooked on these swaps -- they're a fun way to get to know other knitters. So.... I'm in again!

Here are my answers to the questionnaire:

  1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft - I knit. I taught myself when I was a little girl, but stopped for quite a while and took it up again when Tommy was a baby.
  2. Do you spin? What type of spinning? Not much. I used to spin in college. I'd like to get back to it.... someday.
  3. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers? I like all natural fibers: alpaca, wool, silk, cotton, bamboo, etc. I would prefer not to get synthetics or synthetic blends. They're not really something I'd use.
  4. What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors? I love most greens (like chartreuse, forest green, teal, sage, bottle green). The only green I don't like is kelly green. I also like dark red, bright red, most blues. Honestly, I like most colors. I'm just not particularly fond of garishly brights or pastels.
  5. Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have? What would you recommend?
  6. What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? Bags, hats, some sweaters, other small to medium projects.
  7. What are you currently working on? I'm making an angel project for someone who didn't receive a package in a recent swap. Anything you plan to work on this summer? Probably some new bags. I've got lots more ideas than I have time!
  8. What is your favorite FO? (Post a pic if you would like.) I'm not sure. I've given some fun bags as gifts -- a fair isle felted bag for my aunt, an entrelac felted bag for my mom, and "Maggie's Tote," a big felted tote bag for my sister.
  9. What is your oldest UFO? I think I have an unfinished sweater or two that didn't get finished in time to fit Tommy (as a toddler).... eeek! he's now 19!
  10. Are there any techniques that you want to learn? I never got around to learning cables/Aran. I'd like to learn sometime.
  11. Are you on Ravlery? Yes. What's your ID? winemakerssister (my ID pretty much everywhere)
  12. Are you a sock knitter? No. I made one pair and didn't really get into it. There's obviously something horribly wrong with me! What are your foot measurements? I wear size 9 shoes. Oh, and I love a little loose-ness around the ankles.
  13. Do you collect anything? Cookbooks (especially maple & vegetarian), Fiestaware, depression era linens (especially printed cotton tablecloths), bakelite, other depression-era kitchenware, 1950s barkcloth
  14. Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes. I got a new winder for Christmas. I found a swift for $2 at a garage sale (they asked me what it was!).
  15. Do you love sweets? Yes. What are your favorites? Dark chocolate, maple.
  16. What are your favorite scents? Green tea, lemon, lilac, lily of the valley
  17. Where do you keep your needles/hooks? In a big rubbermaid box right now. I do have my circulars sorted -- I keep them in a binder with a section for each size.
  18. Do you have a wishlist (Amazon, Etsy, etc?) Yes, Etsy and amazon. Be careful on the amazon list -- pretty much everything other than the knitting books are for other family members.
  19. Having a birthday this summer? Nope...well, September 11. Is that still summer? Technically, I guess.
  20. Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know! Nothing related to swapping (except smoke).

No comments: