It's the perfect time of year for knitting and hot cocoa, so of course I joined the Hot Cocoa swap.
Here are my answers to the questionnaire:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
I like any kind of good hot cocoa (surprise me!), served in a sturdy mug.
After reading other folks' answers, I now need to try cocoa with a dash of peppermint schnapps, butterscotch schnapps, or Bailey's! Yum
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Homemade marshmallows are a great treat. Otherwise I tend to drink it plain (if you can call fabulous hot cocoa "plain").
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
Nothing lighter than DK weight. I'm just not a lace/sock sort of knitter. I've tried it -- it doesn't make me particularly happy. Natural fibers: wool, alpaca, llama, cashmere, bamboo, linen, silk, cotton. I like pretty much any colors, especially if they're treated in a sophisticated way. My favorite colors are dark red, almost all greens (except kelly, which I dislike), aqua, teal, nice browns... and I'm not really a pink sort of person.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
Knit only. I know basic crochet to do finishing on knitting.
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I am very happy to try something new! My favorites are circulars (I have a set). In terms of materials, my favorites are bamboo, old faux tortoiseshell (casein) needles, bakelite, wood.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
Hard question. I just got a yarn winder for Christmas. That was my big "need." I'll have to think about that...
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
There's a cute hat with pompoms in "Hot Knit Hats" -- I made 6 of them this fall/winter for gifts. I also like to do cotton dishcloths for a quicky project. I also love to do felted projects, but that takes more time.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Sit in a comfy chair with a cup of tea, my knitting, and a good movie.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Hmmmmm, wooly mammoth, I guess.
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
Not badly. I think most folks get them a bit. I love winter but do get tired of it around March or April.
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Making art, knitting, reading, my computer.
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
My favorite day of the year is the first warm rain. I love to see everything go from brown to green in the matter of a few hours.
6. What are your favorite treats?
7. What is your favorite board game?
Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit.
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
I have a teenaged son who is somewhat furry (Tommy), a Golden Retriever (Winston), and five cats (Little Bit, Violet, Charli, Henry, and Alex).
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
Smoke. Nothing else related to this swap.