Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fishy, fishy, fishy!


Made three of these fishy pouches for a swap I organized -- the theme was "water." I loved the challenge of it -- trying to think of all sorts of little goodies that fit the theme. I made a few water-colored things, but everything else said some form of water or something you find in water... ice, rain, mermaids... and fish.

I've never made a pouch like this before and had to figure out how to fit the lining and the zipper and keep everything precise and crisp. I love this sort of modern patchwork -- gorgeous fabrics pieced together in a casual (rather than precise and quilt-like) fashion. And I'm a huge fan of natural linen mixed with clean vibrant color.

The fourth pouch is now in the Etsy shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heads up! It'll be mailed by Wednesday-weather permitting.