Monday, February 4, 2008

Longing for Spring

Well, the Hot Cocoa Swap is winding down (although I'm still finishing my little knitted beastie for my partner).... so you know what that means? Time for another swap.

This swap is right up my alley. I'm a gardener, and at this time of the year I start longing for spring.

Interested in signing up? There are still openings. The sign up continues through February 14 or until there are 40 participants. Click here and follow the instructions.

And here are my answers to the questionnaire:

Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
I knit... and crochet just enough to finish my knitted items. I taught myself to knit when I was little. I knit a bit then set it down. I picked it up again when Tommy was a baby.

What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
I like natural fibers, especially those that are soft to the touch.

What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?
Novelty yarns (like eyelash), synthetics, blends with synthetics.

What are your favorite colors?
Red, dark red, any kind of green including teal (except kelly green -- not fond of it), most blues.

What are your least favorite colors?
Pastels, muddy yellow.

What ‘warm weather’ project are you looking forward to making this year?
I'm not sure. I guess I'm not thinking ahead that much right now.

What are you favorite scents? Least favorite?
My favorite scents are light, clean floral scents such as lily of the valley. My least favorite are heavy, perfumy ones. I love the scent of herbs, especially rosemary. And lemon.

What is your favorite flower?
That depends on my mood and the time of the year. I love all old-fashioned garden flowers.

What are you favorite spring time hobbies/activities?
Gardening. Art is my hobby year 'round....

Do you have a garden? If you do, tell us a little about it. Do you like to plant flowers or vegetables?
I have several gardens. There's sort of a cottage garden around the front of the house. Then there's an official garden in the back. It's planted with all sorts of vegetables, herbs, and flowers for cutting.

What are your favorite sweets?
Dark chocolate... really any good chocolate (except white, which we all know is not chocolate), maple.

Do you collect anything?
Yarn and fabric (don't we all?), cookbooks, vintage sewing goodies, vintage buttons, bakelite, retro (depression era, Eames era) kitchen stuff, Fiestaware and other depression-era china.

Do you have any allergies?
Smoke. Nothing else that will affect this swap.

Do you have any pets?
A Golden Retriever named Winston, four kitties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So heads up for the man in brown.. Took your advice for the other swap. These are too much fun!!

Heather said...

Ah, I've been contributing to the delinquency of a knitter, eh? See ya in the next swap!