Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Manic Monday #137

What is one thing you admire about each of your parents?
I admire my mother's energy and my father's passion for things he enjoys.

Which parts of your home do you like best?
I absolutely adore my home. But my kitchen is probably my favorite part. It is centered around a wonderful stove -- rescued by my builder from a restaurant that went out of business. The backsplash above it is patchworked with tiles from Pewabic Pottery. The cabinets are solid cherry, Amish-made in Shipshewanna (and less expensive than ones from a big box retailer). The floors are cork -- great on your feet. The countertops around the outside are lovely green/grey/black granite. The countertop on the island is locally made maple butcher block. And I collected the knobs on the drawers for years before I had this kitchen. They're all vintage bakelite knobs and drawer pulls.

My collection of Fiestaware peeks out from behind glass-fronted cabinets and adds my favorite colors to the kitchen.

Can you tell how much I love it all?

Which would you prefer and why? To have every stoplight turn green upon your arrival for the rest of your life or to have one week of the best sex any person ever had?
Hmmmm, I'm going to have to think about that for a while... :)

No comments: