Saturday, December 27, 2008

Why Did I Learn to Knit?

Blogging topic #1 for the "Warm Ewe Up" swap is "Why did you learn to knit?"

That's a pretty difficult question to answer because it was long, long (long, long) ago and I was quite young -- probably 8 or 9. I pretty much taught myself to knit with a little help from my aunt.

I can't remember what was in my mind at the time. I do remember very clearly that I wanted to earn all the Girl Scout badges (I did get all the Junior badges, but not all the Cadette ones) and that might have had something to do with it. Perhaps I needed to learn to knit (or learn a new skill like that) for a badge? It's quite possible.

I knit a few scarves as a girl and then didn't get back to knitting until I was an adult. My next big project was a sweater and stocking hat for Tommy when he was a baby. And I've been knitting ever since, especially for the last 8 years or so, since the knitting world has exploded with gorgeous yarns, patterns, and supplies.

No comments: