Saturday, December 13, 2008

Calligraphy Meets Craft

I'm a calligraphy snob. I've seen a lot of bad calligraphy in my life and don't care to see any more. 'Nuff said.

However, I adore Katy's calligraphy! Her Etsy shop, KisforCalligraphy is filled with wonderful little bits of gorgeous calligraphy... tags, envelopes, ornaments, envelope seals, some very funny zipper pulls... Her shop changes every time I visit -- and I love to see all the new things she's created. She has a very distinctive style that's casual, easy, fun, and graceful.

Here's more about her (from her profile):
I have a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a minor in French from the University of Montana. I never expected to be a self-employed professional calligrapher. However, my mom had a sneaking suspicion that I would love calligraphy. She nagged me to take a class as soon as I learned how to write. A couple of decades later I followed her hunch and enrolled myself into a calligraphy class, I am proud to say that I have created a career for myself as a professional calligrapher. Handmade is my creative choice. Whether it is a handmade birthday card or an original place card, it is my belief that giving is best when you are giving handmade. I cannot imagine a day without doing calligraphy or creating something new. And my props to Etsy for making it possible for artists and artisans around the world to share and sell their creations!

Katy and I are EtsyPaper pals this month, and I'm so pleased to be paired up with her. I heartily encourage you to visit her shop -- I guarantee you'll find some goodies you must have in your life!

1 comment:

K is for Calligraphy said...

Thank you for the wonderful blog post! I love being your EtsyPaper Pal! You are the best!
Indelibly yours,
Katy