Thursday, August 2, 2007

Yarn Lust

I haven't been knitting much lately -- too obsessed by other things right now I guess. But I continue to covet new yarn.

I've been participating in the Yarn Junkies swaps on Swap-Bot. Each month a different color is featured. The color for July was pink.

I haven't received my package yet, but here's the one I sent out. My partner is a vegan so she requested vegan yarn. One of the shades of pink she likes is a dark pink. So I set off on a mission to find some cool dark pink vegan yarn. The result was this wonderful funky 100% corn yarn. It's Kollage Cornucopia from paradisefibers.net. It's a ribbon yarn with a great feel. I added a skein of brown because she loves the combination of pink and brown (who doesn't?).

I also made her some pink and brown stitch markers -- the first I've ever made. If you can do earrings or charms, it's absolutely easy. You just have to find (or make) rings large enough to fit on your needles. I love the pink polka-dot beads in these....

I'm not a huge fan of pink, but I do believe every color has its place. I'm sure someone I knit for loves pink! I wonder what my partner will send to me?

No comments: