Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ruby Goes Overboard

My spoiler from the Warm Ewe Up swap, Ruby Colorway,* sent me a note today suggesting that she might've gone overboard with my first swap package. Yep, she did. And I just love it all!

Her package contained several goodies from my various wish lists. But best of all, she bought lots of wonderful surprises based on what she's learned about me. And I love surprises!

First photo: all sorts of vintage goodies. Smart Knitting magazine from Summer 1947, The Budget Cook Book (ca. 1935), a cute notecard made with a vintage illustration, and a gorgeous selection of the softest silk ribbons I've ever felt...

Second photo: a vintage basket, reusable shopping bag from Whole Foods, and three skeins of Mulberry Merino in a beautiful dark blueberry and two skeins of Noro Cashmere Island in purples, pinks, and aqua.

Third photo: The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life (I've been wanting it for a while), striped ribbon, and two sets of handmade earrings (both of the sort that I'll wear a lot).

Thanks Ruby. What a wonderful treat to warm me up!


*best nom de knit ever!

No comments: