Monday, November 26, 2007

Curator


I left the museum world (mostly) over a year ago. I did a lot of jobs there, but was never a curator. But yesterday I was on Etsy at the right time, and got to curate two Treasuries.*

What fun! The first is filled with Harry Potter goodies. It's called "Hermione's Christmas List." I'd been thinking about wanting to do a Treasury like it for a while. There are so many fun Harry Potter-related gifts on Etsy right now! Perfect for the HP fan for Christmas.

The second Treasury came about because I happened to have two browsers open at the same time. When I saw that I had gotten a 2nd Treasury, I put it together on the spot. It's based on my retro Christmas cards, "Gather 'Round the Aluminum Tree." I looked through Etsy for Christmas goodies reminiscent of the 50s and early 60s... mid-century stuff. There were quite a few nice things to choose from -- I think it came out well.

The Treasuries last about 3 days total, so these expire in a day or two. Come visit them!


*I found out afterward that I am only supposed to have one Treasury at a time... I promise to be good next time...

1 comment:

Geek+Nerd said...

Hey Heather! I was so excited to see via the Sew Mama Sew Flickr group that you have a blog now. I'll definitely be popping by again :)